Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WHAT A TOOL BELIEVES

Pete Seeger and Lee Hays wrote - “If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning....” I'd like to take that one step further. If I WAS a hammer, I'd try to convince the screwdriver to take over for me because all that pounding gives me a headache. Admit it, don't you feel like a “tool” sometimes? Water the plants, take out the trash, fix the closet door, check the oil in the car, there's a stain on the sidewalk, please put some new bulbs in the kitchen....I could go on, but, I'm starting to get tired. How's a person supposed to find the time to get in a little “Maury” with all those chores? Will we ever know who the “baby daddy” is? Life as a hammer or a screwdriver or a monkey wrench can be quite draining. Especially with the advent of the “honey-do list.” The list seems to be never ending. For every job that gets done, there are two more waiting to take it's place. A word to the wise, ladies - if a man says he’ll fix it, he will fix it. There’s no need to remind him every six months. You have to remember that the guy is currently utilizing the greatest money saving tool of all time – procrastination. What? No points for creativity? A little credit where credit is due, if you don't mind. The man tool in your life has very important things going through his head. He is, indeed, fixing the closet door, checking the oil, cleaning the stain on the sidewalk – he's just doing these things in his mind. He's thinking about the best way to get them done while expending as little energy as necessary. So, let him work on it. Let the “tool” stay in the box for a while. In the meantime, if you don't mind, would you please crack the tool box lid and turn the TV to Maury. Follow me on Twitter @BobLeonardRadio and stop by Bob Leonard Radio on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment